Effective April 1st, 2022
We have had several accolades from the Camping and Caravan Club for the quality of our site and also numerous plaudits from members However we have a few ground rules which we would be grateful if everyone would take note of, to help us maintain our attractive site for the enjoyment of our many guests.
1. For safety reasons there is strictly no access to the farm buildings with the exception of the showers and washing up area.
2. Caravans, motorhomes and campervans are requested to use the hard standings together with awnings, particularly where groundsheets are used.
3. Tents can be positioned on the designated pitches which are on grass but must be prepared to move to a fresh patch after 7 days to avoid killing the grass.
4. Tent bookings can’t be accepted when the ground is soft ie out of season In wet conditions vehicles must be parked on a hard surface and if necessary off-site upon consultation with the site-owner.
5. Dogs are welcome but must be kept on the lead and not allowed free run of the site where it encroaches on or disturbs other visitors on the site. Dogs must also be kept on the lead if they are anywhere near to livestock. Dog ‘poo’ must be immediately bagged including in the field and can be disposed of in the off-site general waste bin.
6. In consideration of other guests and our peaceful site, please don’t allow your dog to persistently bark.
7. Please adhere to the arrival and departure times of mid-day.
8. The access to the site is more than adequate having been easily negotiated by oversized vehicles but the owners cannot be held responsible for anyone causing damage to their van when travelling to and entering the site. It is essential that the directions on the Club website and in the handbook are followed rather than the satnav. If a visitor is concerned about access including manoeuvring onto a pitch, please feel free to give us a call on 07778 261796 and we are only too willing to help out.
9. The electric hook-ups are tested annually for safety but guests are asked not to make excessive use of the facility, particularly not leaving electric fires on all day. Any damage caused by overloading the individual 16-amp supply will be charged to the guest.
10. Driving over the grass in wet/soft conditions is not necessary as there is adequate room to manoeuvre for even the largest of vans and in the event of remedial work being required the cost will be charged to the guest.
11. We have many facilities for our cottage guests to enjoy but sadly these are not available to Club Site guests. Also, if any member has friends or relatives staying in the cottages, visiting their cottage is not allowed unless expressly permitted by the cottage owners and their insurers.
12. The terms of booking cost and cancellation are on our booking site Freetobook. Where a visitor has to cut short their stay or has to cancel at the last minute will re-imburse the cost of any nights we are able to re-book.